Sunday, April 08, 2007

Malaysia, Penang, 9-11 Sep 2006: Dancing And Dining
Sojourn With Friends


Pool Paradise, Crown Jewel Hotel, Tanjung BungahI went on a short trip to Penang to deliver 2 talks to thalassaemia patients, parents, nurses and doctors about diagnosing iron overload in the heart.

I had a room at the Crown Prince Beach Hotel, Tanjung Bungah. The view from my room, especially at sunset, was achingly beautiful.
Dancing Queens, Peranakan StylePenangnites are well known for their hospitality. On the second day, my new Penang friends drove me to Gurney Drive for afternoon merienda, and then later to Ferringhi Beach for a sumptuous seafood dinner.

After dinner, there was some spirited dancing, Peranakan style.
Chendol stall, Penang RoadOn the last day, I had the choice of itinerary. I requested to go to Penang Road, for delicious chendol. You'd have to pay a little more to sit at the table in a nearby coffee shop to enjoy the chendol. They do a mean char kway teow too.

The last time I tasted these was almost 10 years ago ...

Labels: , , , , ,


Comments

Post a Comment

Home

Creative Commons License
Licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License

These are the 30 countries that I have ever set foot on. Airport stopovers don't count!